What is the SEA?
The Socialist Educational Association (SEA) is the Labour Party’s only education affiliate.
We have a long and proud history of influencing education policy both locally and nationally.
We believe that education should be based on equality, democracy and cooperation – not competition.
What do we care about?
The Tories’ test-driven curriculums, academisation agenda and severe funding cuts are all stifling our schools, colleges and universities.
We campaign with unions, parents, MPs and other groups to provide radical new alternatives for teaching, learning and assessment.
Together we’ll show how another education service is possible.
Who may join us?
SEA membership is open to all Labour Party members and anyone who is not a member of another political party.
Teachers, students, parents, MPs, local councillors, school governors and anyone interested in education and learning can join our movement.
We have a branch for you, whether you are in Croydon or Cardiff, so get involved today.
Why should I join?
As a member you’ll be able to:
- Take action on campaigns to build a socialist programme for education.
- Influence Labour Party policies.
- Read and contribute to our fortnightly blog.
- Receive an annual journal and any other publications.
- Attend free SEA events, from fringe events at Labour Party Conference to our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Caroline Benn Memorial Lecture.