Manchester Climate Crisis Event
SEA event being hosted in Manchester at the Mechanics Institute, Saturday 27th November, 2.00pm.
We are delighted to announce the line up for our Manchester event on schools and the climate crisis. In spite of al the weasel words from the government at COP26, there is nothing from the DFE on what schools should be doing either around sustainability or around educating young people about the climate crisis, its implications and possible solutions. Because of the DFE’s insistence on subject boundaries, climate change finds itself divided up in the curriculum between science, geography and citizenship where it is taught.
Our event asks the question ‘What Should Schools Be Doing to Address the Climate Crisis post COP 26?’ Speaking are:
- Raichael Lock– Manchester Environmental Education Network (MEEN)
- Lydia Merryl– Socialist Environmental and Resources Association (SERA)
- Charlie Baker – Labour for A Green New Deal / Retrofit Expert
- Eleanor Andrade May – Teach the Future
- Mel Griffiths – Give Us Back Our Schools / The SEA
- Manchester Youth Climate Striker
- Chair – Carmen Peruga
Please take a Lateral Flow test before attending.
Register your interest on the Learning The Future Facebook Event as posted on The Socialist Educational Association Greater Manchester branch Facebook Page.
Contact our General Secretary with any enquiries that you may have.