The SEA produces a quarterly magazine Education Politics. It also occasional publications on specific topics.
Recent editions of Education Politics
- Education Politics March 2017. Several articles in this issue address the issue of testing and assessment, from early years through to post 16. It also looks at the process of policy development both in the Labour Party and in the SEA itself.
- Education Politics December 2016. A key theme in this issue is the grammar school debate including an article by Angela Rayner and a report on how SEA’s motion on selection was passed at Party Conference. There are also reports of Danny Dorling’s Caroline Benn Memorial Lecture and the annual Reclaiming Education conference
- Education-politics-september-2016. This issue focuses particularly on the issue of selection with a number of personal testimonies to the value of comprehensives and an analysis of the case against selection by Melissa Benn.
- Education Politics June 2016 –
The main focus of this edition is a critique of the government’s White Paper. Includes an analysis of the goverment’s White Paper by John Bolt.
- Education Politics March 2016 – The Purpose of Education – submissions to the Select Committee Enquiry
- December 2015 (Accountability. Articles by Simon Burgess, Sean Hartford, Colin Richards, Nansi Ellis. Also Reports: Labour Party Conference; Reclaiming Education. Caroline Benn Memorial Lecture. Inequality and education.)
- September 2015
- June 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- Autumn 2013