SEA’s Annual Conference will be an important opportunity to consider the implications of the General Election for education and the issues that are likely to be facing us in the next Parliament.
I can now confirm the speakers and the themes we’ll be addressing. They will be:
- The political and parliamentary outlook after the election – John Cryer MP Chair of the Parliamentary Labour Party
- Child development in the early years and its implications for policy – Pam Jarvis from Leeds Metropolitan University
- School funding cuts and the campaign to resist them – Matt Dykes,
- Resisting the return of grammar schools and secondary moderns – Councillor Michael Pavey, Political and Parliamentary Officer, Comprehensive Future.
- Post election prospects for post 16 education – Eddie Playfair, Principal NewVic Sixth Form College and former Vice Chair of SEA.
The conference will be held in Room B04, Birkbeck College, Malet Street London, WC1E 7HY on Saturday 24th June 2017. The AGM will begin at 10.00 and the Conference will start at 11.00 am.
The cost to attend the conference is £25 waged and £15 unwaged. This includes lunch.
Please book your place by e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Payment can be made on the day.