The Labour Party is currently consulting on how to take forward its vision for a National Education Service. In response, The Reclaiming Education Alliance, of which the SEA is a member, has drafted a programme designed to do just that. That programme can be read at reclaimingeducation.org.uk.
We now want to invite feedback on our ideas. So, we’re holding an open meeting on May 22nd at 6.00 pm in Committee Room 9 at the House of Commons.
The panel of speakers at this meeting will comprise:
- Mary Bousted Joint General Secretary of NEU
- Mike Kane MP Shadow Minister for Schools
- Meg Hillier MP Chair of the Public Accounts Committee
- Sir Alan Tuckett University of Wolverhampton and former Chief Executive of the national Institute of Adult Continuing Education
- Richard Watts Leader of Islington Council.
This is a free event. Please book your place at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-new-education-programme-for-labour-tickets-44877540933